Four Financing Options You Should Be Aware of When Launching A Start-up

Four Financing Options You Should Be Aware of When Launching A Start-up

It can be intimidating and challenging to launch a new business. How do you get started? How is a concept transformed into reality? New business owners frequently find it difficult to find answers to many of these concerns.

While there are many factors to consider when starting a new business, money is one of the most crucial elements to keeping a small business alive. No matter how big or small, all businesses require some level of cash to operate and expand. Loans may be the best option for small firms trying to expand because the money may not always be readily available.

In the past, requesting a loan was perceived as a sign that a firm lacked the financial stability to exist and survive. But in the start-up era, loans are a good way to help businesses launch and flourish. In some cases, obtaining capital for a start-up or small firm may even be preferable.

Term Loans

A term loan is a one-time grant of money to a company that must be repaid with interest over a defined period. This is the most straightforward loan option, and it’s ideal since the firm may spend the funds any way they see fit. Many of these loans are provided by banks or other institutional lenders, and normally require the additional security of a charge over a director’s home.

Lines of Credit

Depending on the situation, lines of credit can be used to finance a business. This loan provides a company with access to cash up to a certain amount in exchange for interest payments on the funds borrowed. For companies that are more sporadic and require financial flexibility, this might be a viable alternative.

The amount of money a company may borrow may be limited by the fact that lines of credit might be either unsecured or secured by assets. This sort of loan has a disadvantage in that lenders often require that you have been in business for at least two to three years, making it unsuitable for start-up companies. Like term loans, lines of credit also require the additional security of a charge.

Equipment Leasing

Whatever sector you are starting in, equipment leasing may assist businesses in purchasing new or used equipment they need to operate. The variety of equipment includes everything from office PCs and copiers to large machines. Furthermore, the government offers tax breaks for leasing equipment. However, there are no early prepayments with equipment leasing. The company must pay for the entire time; early repayment for benefits is not permitted. Security is normally a charge over the machinery supported by a director guarantee.

Invoice Factoring

The most preferred kind of financing is undoubtedly invoice factoring, which can assist in obtaining funding. This kind of loan is best for companies who are awaiting payment on invoices since it can often take up to 90 days for payments to be made, which results in significant financial constraints for the business. Between 80% and 90% of the invoice’s value will be provided by lenders to the business; the remaining 10% will be paid when the invoice is paid in full, minus interest. Security is a debenture over the invoicing of the business plus a director’s guarantee.

Invoice factoring is perfect for companies that need cash on hand and can’t wait for their invoices to be paid to cover operating costs, salaries, rent, etc. Businesses in transportation, recruiting, or providing a service would profit greatly from invoice finance since cash may be made available for company needs as soon as an invoice is issued.

These are only four of the many funding options available for your business. The sort of financing you need or want may vary based on the industry you’re in and the stage of growth your business is in.

We know that there’s a funding crisis facing SMEs and many of the high street banks aren’t funding businesses that need it the most. Let Apollo be your support partner. We’re happy to fund any business regardless of size, poor credit, or CCJs. We believe every business deserves a chance to thrive. Contact us today to get started.

For more information please email enquiries@apollofinance.biz